Baltimore Violent Crime Attorney
About Violent Crimes
The use of threats, force or violence even when well intentioned in a community which values peace very often has severe repercussions. The authorities take crimes of violence seriously. If you have been accused of a violent crime immediately consult a Baltimore criminal defense attorney with a long record of successfully representing members of the community. Violent crimes include:
- Arson - intentionally setting fire to a building, residence or property can mean serious criminal charges. Causing a fire through carelessness may result in a lesser charge.
- Kidnapping - may result in federal or state prosecution
- Battery - the charges for touching another without consent or striking another escalate in ratio to the amount of injury caused.
- Assault - threatening to touch another against his will. When a weapon is used and / or serious injury results this offense is punishable by a long prison sentence
- Felony murder - when a death occurs during or in connection with the commission of a felony the charge is felony murder.
- Manslaughter - being charged with manslaughter has serious life changing consequences.
- Murder - The deliberate taking of a life is considered the most serious of criminal offenses
- Weapon charges - The use of a weapon in the commission of a crime typically increases the seriousness and the number of the charges you face.
- Gun offense - there are many restrictions concerning possession, transporting and use of firearms. Not following these laws can result in penalties ranging from fines to a long term in prison.
- Domestic Violence - May keep you from your home, seeing your children, and can land you in jail or prison.
Contact a Baltimore Violent Crime Lawyer
If you have been arrested or charged with one or more of the above offenses, work with an accomplished violent crime defense lawyer who cares what happens to you and your family and is committed to protecting your future.
The firm of Richard S. Miller, Attorney At Law was established for the purpose of providing the skilled and professional legal assistance needed by those facing criminal prosecution. I am prepared to put my considerable experience as a criminal defense lawyer to work for you to help you overcome your legal troubles.
Have you been charged with a crime of violence? Contact a Baltimore violent crime attorney at the firm who is dedicated to obtaining a successful outcome.